Third Parliament Building, 1832-1892
- ‹ previous
- Photo 3 of 3
Third Parliament Building, located at Front and Simcoe Streets, 1832-1892.
© City of Toronto Culture Services, 1978.41.30
John Howard, watercolour of the Third Parliament Buildings, 1834
The courthouses at Church and King Streets housed Ontario’s Parliament from 1829-1832 until a new building was completed. The new structure was located at Front and Simcoe Streets, the current site of the Canadian Broadcasting Centre. Meetings of the Legislature took place here until 1892 when the structure at Queen's Park, Toronto, was completed.