The white oak floors throughout the east wing of the building were restored to their original condition in the early 2000s.
Cast iron columns support the ceiling and roof in this section of the building. The base of each column is decorated with a dragon motif.
Portraits of Ontario’s former Speakers line the walls of the main floor. Each Speaker receives a portrait painted by an artist of their choice following their term of office.
Names of Ontario’s MPPs from each session of the Legislature since 1867 are engraved in marble on either side of the main lobby and behind the grand staircase.
Take a virtual tour of Ontario’s Legislative Building, built in 1893 and rich in history, heritage and beauty.
The Virtual Tour requires the most recent version of Adobe Flash player.
Update to the latest version at https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/